Winter is here with a bang! I'm sick yet again with an attack of the phlegmy coughs and have missed out on dancing and pilates but that's okay because my grandma is doing much better and has just celebrated her 90th birthday!! How does someone look this great at 90?
Kickass genetics and being surrounded by an amazing huge family. That's how :)
If only the Philippines were a train ride away!
Yay for internet and phone updates though :)
Right now my sleep-deprived friends are in the midst of the Vancouver salsa congress. Lucky bastards! I didn't go this time (need to boost up savings) but it's probably best that I didn't or else I would just be making myself even more sick. Or worse, getting the whole international congress sick. Whoops.
When my body throws a tantrum, I have no choice but to listen. My fault (again) for not sleeping and resting enough. One day I will learn. Maybe my New Year's Resolution should have been to get more sleep. Oh well, more time to read and write! I've been checking out some Roald Dahl lately, author of The Witches. As a kid, I read the book and saw the movie. The story haunted me for a while. I think it was one of the first stories I read at that age that didn't have a happy ending. It will be interesting to read it again as an adult.
Our strange extremely late winter has brought so much snow. Check what needed to be scraped off my car before going to practice last weekend:
My winter tires are being put to use, finally.
I have a gassy feeling that this vegetarian/pescatarian thing is going to need some tweaking.
Mind Farts
-who knew that Edmonton is the capital of one my late night greasy Chinese dish favourites? the very creamy peaches and shrimp must be our guarded treasure. it's not in Vancouver.. it's not in Calgary.. and it's not out east!
-Up was surprisingly good. ok, correction - i knew it was going to be good.. but i love it when things blow away my expectations :)
-luxurious toilet paper is not your friend. i will no longer buy anything thicker than 2-ply. yes, n-ply (n>2) feels great when you use it but plunging the toilet at 4am after getting home from the club is not my idea of fun
-i have gone from sweater dress girl to belted cardigan girl
-i am attempting to do my taxes by myself for the first time this year (yup, boosting savings = avoiding extra money for accountant this year) - wish me luck!
Kickass genetics and being surrounded by an amazing huge family. That's how :)
If only the Philippines were a train ride away!
Yay for internet and phone updates though :)
Right now my sleep-deprived friends are in the midst of the Vancouver salsa congress. Lucky bastards! I didn't go this time (need to boost up savings) but it's probably best that I didn't or else I would just be making myself even more sick. Or worse, getting the whole international congress sick. Whoops.
When my body throws a tantrum, I have no choice but to listen. My fault (again) for not sleeping and resting enough. One day I will learn. Maybe my New Year's Resolution should have been to get more sleep. Oh well, more time to read and write! I've been checking out some Roald Dahl lately, author of The Witches. As a kid, I read the book and saw the movie. The story haunted me for a while. I think it was one of the first stories I read at that age that didn't have a happy ending. It will be interesting to read it again as an adult.
Our strange extremely late winter has brought so much snow. Check what needed to be scraped off my car before going to practice last weekend:
My winter tires are being put to use, finally.
I have a gassy feeling that this vegetarian/pescatarian thing is going to need some tweaking.
Mind Farts
-who knew that Edmonton is the capital of one my late night greasy Chinese dish favourites? the very creamy peaches and shrimp must be our guarded treasure. it's not in Vancouver.. it's not in Calgary.. and it's not out east!
-Up was surprisingly good. ok, correction - i knew it was going to be good.. but i love it when things blow away my expectations :)
-luxurious toilet paper is not your friend. i will no longer buy anything thicker than 2-ply. yes, n-ply (n>2) feels great when you use it but plunging the toilet at 4am after getting home from the club is not my idea of fun
-i have gone from sweater dress girl to belted cardigan girl
-i am attempting to do my taxes by myself for the first time this year (yup, boosting savings = avoiding extra money for accountant this year) - wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment