It's been a full couple of months.
Performed again at the Saskatoon congress. My best and not-so-best performance at the same time. Seconds into the routine, I started to notice my fake eyelash in my vision and started to panic, thinking my costume was falling apart.
Quickly realized that my eyelash was not connected to my costume and attempted as quick a recovery as I could. My partner was amazing and totally stayed calm and kept it together, keeping me together in the process. The rest of the routine was fine. But there's nothing like a capture of your moment of non-synchronization to keep as a reminder of a lesson learned:
I'm glad it happened. It's a lesson in focus. Must keep it together no matter what! Eyes on the prize. And that prize is the moment :)
Came back to my first ever slashed tires incident, which strangely enough was a silver lining: I was forced to fix my steering, suspension and alignment. I probably put more into the car than its selling value. When it rains it pours, because my condo was also smacked with a special assessment. Bills, bills, bills in my face! I can't complain, because the condo just south of me is suffering from a special assessment ten times larger.
I was still rewarded with a uberfun trip to Vegas for bachelorette party, where sleep was replaced with dancing and alcohol and high heels. In the picture below I am running on exactly zero hours of sleep.
So worth it! Met some lovely and interesting folks. I'm still streaming dance music because of that trip.
Again, I gulped down veggies whenever I had the chance. Again, recovery as a veggie lover was fantastic. Same with coming back from Saskatoon. Was at work the next morning for both trips despite arrivals after midnight.
Managed to squeeze in some mind enlightenment too. Went to my first TEDx event (I *heart* TED talks). This one was in Edmonton. The theme was "The Future of ... "
Performed again at the Saskatoon congress. My best and not-so-best performance at the same time. Seconds into the routine, I started to notice my fake eyelash in my vision and started to panic, thinking my costume was falling apart.
Quickly realized that my eyelash was not connected to my costume and attempted as quick a recovery as I could. My partner was amazing and totally stayed calm and kept it together, keeping me together in the process. The rest of the routine was fine. But there's nothing like a capture of your moment of non-synchronization to keep as a reminder of a lesson learned:
I'm glad it happened. It's a lesson in focus. Must keep it together no matter what! Eyes on the prize. And that prize is the moment :)
Came back to my first ever slashed tires incident, which strangely enough was a silver lining: I was forced to fix my steering, suspension and alignment. I probably put more into the car than its selling value. When it rains it pours, because my condo was also smacked with a special assessment. Bills, bills, bills in my face! I can't complain, because the condo just south of me is suffering from a special assessment ten times larger.
I was still rewarded with a uberfun trip to Vegas for bachelorette party, where sleep was replaced with dancing and alcohol and high heels. In the picture below I am running on exactly zero hours of sleep.
Again, I gulped down veggies whenever I had the chance. Again, recovery as a veggie lover was fantastic. Same with coming back from Saskatoon. Was at work the next morning for both trips despite arrivals after midnight.
Managed to squeeze in some mind enlightenment too. Went to my first TEDx event (I *heart* TED talks). This one was in Edmonton. The theme was "The Future of ... "
Met Fred Penner :) He talked about the future of children. I really enjoyed the talk about the future of sabbaticals by author Todd Babiak. There was even a talk about the future of food, by a *gasp* male vegan!! Only in his 30s, and CEO of a plant-based food research company handpicked by Bill Gates. I am fascinated because male vegans are like unicorns in Edmonton. I have yet to meet one (I know, I know ... it is Alberta after all). Even my male friend beside me joked around about throwing a steak at the vegan CEO. Le sigh.
It's beyond crazy what's been happening in Southern Alberta. I went from 40 degrees in Vegas to a tornado warning in Edmonton and now there's been massive flooding in Calgary and Southern Alberta. Even my office is affected - the majority of our client headquarters are in Calgary. I've resorted to using the delays to catch up on a bunch of work (mini silver lining). When I see the pictures and the footage of the flooding, it's such a mind trip to think about it being so close to home.
Mind Farts
-for a good time, walk into a salsa after party on your dance partner's arm while he is wearing a thrift store faux fur coat with fedora. haha thanks Macklemore
-for an even better time, steal the coat and fedora:
-my knees are in decent shape again!! after just TWO treatments from a neuromuscular therapist. it's amazing what better alignment and awareness can do for you
-i did some heavy deadlifts with a barbell for the first time. it was kind of awesome, i managed to do accidental 140lb deadlifts
-i still love my Nexus 7. the size and feel still really works for me
-i received the most beautiful, creative and funky wedding invite from one of my bestest friends - a lime green Canada passport and boarding pass housed in lovely carry-on luggage and accompanying red Hermes wallet ... felt like a very spoiled maid of honour! :) Hawaii here i come!
-i am semi-obsessed with a child talk show host in the Philippines. that's right! child talk show host. she's not even 8 yet but she's witty and can work the crowd. she's like a real life Dora!
-get well soon Mr. Mandela ... the world is praying for you
-i need to go to bed earlier. like, seriously. like, now. ok, i'm out




No comments:
Post a Comment