Thursday, September 26, 2013

Some Dignity, Por Favor.

Just saw the NY Times photos of the terrorist attack at Westgate mall in Kenya. They were amazing photos but I am saddened at the photos of the bodies. You never see Westerners pictured this way when tragedy strikes our side of the world.

When was the last time you saw a white person portrayed this way after a horrific event?

What if that was your loved one laying on the ground in his or her own blood? And having the picture splattered all over world media?  The thought makes me sick.

Just saying. 

I am all for exposing the truth. Without pictures of Syrian chemical warfare casualties, would the emotional impact on the rest of the world have been less? 

I don't know where the line should be drawn. It is such a freaking fine line though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment