The wedding was yesterday morning and I was back in the office by the afternoon. And I kept the sari on for the rest of the workday, only changing out of it so I could eat and go to yoga class in the evening. I didn't mind having to explain over and over to coworkers why I was dressed so beautifully :)
Saris are godessy yet comfortable (even when you sit on a temple floor). I'm excited I get to wear another one to the wedding reception tomorrow!
Okay back to work, where I kinda wish I could clone myself. So much to do! Even with extra hours put in, it's still like I'm barely staying afloat. I just felt like taking a breather and reminiscing about my sari day yesterday :)
I think it might be time to work weekends. Another bonus to not dancing all the time!

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm also not so knowledgeable about Hindu weddings but I agree with your statement that their rituals are amazing.They really respect their culture even if they are in a foreign country. I attend a hindu wedding toronto and it was an inspiring one. I also love how beautiful and colorful their dresses are, like how you wear your sari.
ReplyDeleteThanks Britney! I was lucky to have a friend who was able to lend me one of her many beautiful saris.
Delete